Everyone’s liver is a “shy” organ, it just won’t show any noticeable symptoms, when the symptoms become apparent such as jaundice, the whole thing is in advanced stage of unhealthy already. Below are the signs that your liver is not healthy.
- Fluid retention. For every 1 in 2 people with cirrhosis (a type of liver disease), they have accumulating fluids that cause swelling in your legs and buildup of abnormal amount of fluid in belly.
- Jaundice. People with this will have darker urine and yellowish tint in skin or yellow colours in the whites of the eyes.
- Patients might find themselves vomiting bloods or blood in stools, and some of them may have nosebleeds and bleeding gums.
- This happens when the toxins that liver unable to filter out travel to the brain. Other problems include memory lost, lethargy and even coma.
Some of the symptoms like fluid retention and confusion might not really be indicating that there is a problem in the liver. If you suspect your liver healthy, you may take blood tests to know if your liver function is normal.
Just like what we mentioned many times in our topics, alcohols should be avoided or at least limited. Then, avoid taking excess medications, or mixing alcohol together with pills.
Liver is shy
Again, we encourage you to go medical checkup annually to know your health.
- Best Health. (2000, January 1). How healthy is your liver?Retrieved 31 October 2019, from https://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-you/health/how-healthy-is-your-liver/
- Cleveland Clinic. (2019, February 20). 4 Signs Your Liver Is in Trouble + Tips to Protect Ii. Retrieved 31 October 2019, from https://health.clevelandclinic.org/4-signs-your-liver-is-in-trouble-and-tips-to-protect-it/
- (2018, March 13). Liver disease Symptoms & causes. Retrieved 31 October 2019, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/liver-problems/symptoms-causes/syc-20374502
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical. (n.d.). Early detection of “silent” liver cirrhosis. Retrieved 31 October 2019, from https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/health-and-illness/liver-cirrhosis-nutritional-therapy/early-detection/
- https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/infographic”>Infographic vector created by brgfx – www.freepik.com